Saturday, 3 July 2010

The vocabulary of "NiNi"

Starting with the obvious:
(A)Nini = Amélie (who is currently in the swimming pool with Maman and Papa).
Geeeeeeeee (the eeeee continues for a while, particularly when looking at pictures) = Gilles.
Toh! = Depending on context, either encore (again), or tiens (here, take this - kind of thing).
Baaaaapo (if sung, and followed by l'eau l'eau) = Bateau sur l'eau (boat on the water).
Baaaaapo = Gateau (cake).
Baaaaapo = Chapeau (hat).
L'eau = any form of liquid, not just water.
L'eauuu = L'autre (usually used when putting shoes on, that sort of thing - the other foot).
Ahpiiiiiii = ça pique (it stings, or in the case of fizzy water, I'm not quite sure what).
Poh! = Porte (carry me).
Peur = in this case, there is usually something that scares her, like an insect or a motorbike on the road outside. From time to time, it's the cat -> Mimiiii (it's very entertaining, she tries to stroke the cat by screaming with her arms wide in the air and running after it - very low success rate!).
Pahpuuuuuu = il n'y en a plus (all gone!).
BimbIM = trampoline.

That's all I can think of for the moment, but thought I would share that with you, oui and non are also included in her vocabulary, but I'm not sure she knows when to use which one! It's funny. As more come up, I will add them to the list!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this! I made a little list of the things the 7 and 10 year old boys said regularly during my time as an au-pair, such as "he did it on purpose/he's cheating/he pinched me". Kids. And for the little girls, anything edible and vaguely sweet was "gateau". Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable! a whole new language to learn...

    wish id made a note of things Ma'fer used to say in my family. she was 3. my favourite was aqui'stoy! (here I am!)

    ReplyDelete