As I write this, the family are probably almost back from their trip to Nice airport to pick up Gilles from his holiday in Brittany. The three weeks I have been here have whizzed by! Apparently, the house has been relatively calm, I can expect that to change! After all, Gilles is a five year old boy. I am going to have to find things to do to keep him occupied. If anyone has ideas, I welcome them!
It's been over a week since my last blog entry and lots of things have happened, notably a trip to Antibes to see Laura and the Opera, it was a great day, I had such a lovely time and laughed lots. And it was great to see Laura, and make the most of the fact that she knows what is going on and gets free tickets to see things! Looking forward to seeing her again and the waterpark and Jazz à Juan. There is loads of cultural stuff going on here in the south of France and I plan on making almost the most of it :) (if it's not too expensive...)
On Wednesday I received a letter from Montpellier confirming my acceptance to the masters I applied to, which was great news! I was told two weeks it would take, and it had been two and a half (I mean, I know this is France) but I was starting to think if I hadn't got on it, I was going to need to get sorted for another place to do my masters, and was going to re-open the search. Anyway, all that was not necessary (phew) and the following day I printed off the necessary documents to apply for the university accommodation equivalent and sent them off tout de suite. I also "cashed in" my 30 free photo prints won at the creche tombola. I visted Fayence, one of the neighbouring villages. And informed the Réctorat de Lyon that I won't be returning to Painlevé to teach in October, along with my contact teacher, Yvon, who was great during my year there.
Yesterday, I printed off flyers advertising English lessons and distributed them all over the place, which took up a good part of my afternoon. Upon my return, I locked the keys in the car, which I was less than impressed by. But hey-ho, my car is easy to break into and Olivier recuperated them for me. The car is now unlocked in the garden, under the olive tree, which is what I had originally intended to do! Leave it unlocked. Its not like there isn't a gate or anything. Actually thinking about it, I am probably paying way too much for my insurance now. Ah well. Will get on that tomorrow.
Today is my day off, I have cycled to Montauroux for the book festival - l'été se livre (boom) and walked into Callian for the Fête des Terroirs, both of which were crap. Quite honestly. I then sunbathed by the pool and I am contemplating going to another village called Tourrettes, to another thing, but I am quite epuisée. All that sun, sport and swim! (I literally dived in then got out)
Time to go...will let you know how it goes!
Edit: Just met Gilles, lovely kid, off to play in the swimming pool :D
Second Edit: I am going to require a lot of energy for this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoah, now I know how badly you wanted that place at Montpellier from your previous entries, I feel a proper CONGRATULATIONS is in order! :D I bet you're so excited to get started!!! I'm excited for you! xxx
ReplyDelete