Thursday, 24 June 2010

untitled

Well, I lied. The next update is not going to be about Callian, what I have been doing and French lessons. It's just going to be a little titbit of information. On Sunday afternoon, after the rain and storms had subsided, Anne took me to see the horses that reside in the far end of the garden (words cannot describe how massive this garden is, I will post some pictures soon) and after we went to see if the English neighbour, Sheila, was around. She was. Her daughter answered the door, spoke to Anne in French and switched over to English once she found out that I was the English au pair girl! Sheila invited us in, and we chatted about all sorts of things, French lessons included - mainly the fact that round here, the French lessons stop once the school year does - ideal for someone like me, who is here for the summer! Not. So anyway, she suggested that as this Thursday was the last conversation class of the year, I come along (amongst a couple of other things, which weren't so useful). Obviously, we wanted to check this was OK with the teacher, so on Tuesday morning, when Anne wasn't working, we phoned her up. It all sounds a bit complicated, as she is away from the 20th July I do believe, and doesn't have internet, but anyway in about twenty mins, I am off to a conversation class. Not ideal, as I can converse in French sans problème, but at least I get to meet a) people (which I am very very excited about, so far it's not been the most sociable of places, having said that, it is a B&B and I've only been here 5 days!) and b) a French teacher, with whom I can hopefully arrange something to help with my written French over the summer.

So that's the "titbit" of information to keep you going!

Enjoy your afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment